Berlin, EAW Treptow, Hauptgebäude

Bundesarchiv, Bild 183-H0721-0205-003 / CC-BY-SA 3.0 [CC BY-SA 3.0 de], via Wikimedia Commons

1926

AEG Appratewerke is founded in Berlin-Treptow

1945-1953

AEG facilities are converted to state ownership in East Berlin

1953-1990

Merger of VEB Starkstromanlagenbau Berlin and VEB Elektroprojekt into Elektroprojekt und Anlagenbau Berlin (EAB), subsequently KAAB

Development into process equipment manufacturer for large power plants, rolling mills, industrial and traffic engineering

1990

Elpro AG (Treuhand) is formed

1992

Elpro AG is acquired and privatized by a group of investors

1992-1996

Elpro is developed into a system-independent automation and electrical engineering process equipment manufacturer

1997-1998

Elpro is restructured and realigned to the process industry, energy and traffic engineering sectors

1998

Change of ownership - Elpro is acquired by the present owner

Today

Elpro is a leading, growth-oriented and highly-capable enterprise in the electrical engineering and control system manufacturing sector.